Thursday, August 19, 2010

Heading Home Before I Leave Again

I'm at the Burlington, VT airport and am heading home after a great vacation on the East Coast with Devin. Last Sunday was Nadya's wedding (my best friend from childhood) and it was absolutely wonderful. I was able to both enjoy Vermont (we stayed in a beautiful cabin in the woods) as well as all of the wedding festivities leading up to the big day. Devin's favorite part (and very possibly mine as well) was the pig roast for the rehearsal dinner!

After the wedding, Devin and I headed up to Quebec. We stayed two nights in Quebec City at a charming little B&B and one night in Montreal. Both cities were much fun and we both enjoyed sprucing up on our French before we head off to the French-speaking world (he is going to France around the same time I am heading to Cameroon).

On the Peace Corps front, I received my flight!!! I will be leaving on September 14th at 8:30 AM for Philadelphia where my group's 2-day staging will occur (think orientation + a lot of shots). Both receiving my flight details as well as suffering quite the tears after saying goodbye to my best friend has made me realize how near my departure really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment