Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Closing of a Great Chapter

This week has been quite eventful:

1) On Sunday night I picked Devin up from the airport (he just returned from a 6-week trip to Kenya)
2) I had my last day of work on Wednesday - I am now officially unemployed
3) I packed up my life in Bellingham and said goodbye to the city that has been home for the last 6 years

As excited as I am for my upcoming adventure, closing this chapter of my life in preparation was harder than I had originally thought. And as often as I move around, I tend to also get attached to the places and people I meet along the way, thus making it harder to leave. The goodbyes never tend to get easier, but they always end up being worth it once I get to my next destination.

I'm back in Olympia - my other home - and will be heading to Vermont on Monday for Nadya's wedding. I'm excited for some quality time with family and friends before I board the plane to Cameroon in less than 6 weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katie! OK totally random and I am not a stalker, but well, okay I was stalking PCV Cameroon blogs... But only because I'm in the September 15 Cameroon staging group as well! I'll be serving as a Health NGO Developer - and I live in Seattle! Small world. Well anyway just thought I'd say hi!

    Gena Barnabee
    gbarnabee@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete