Monday, October 11, 2010

Quick Update!

Here's a very quick update on my time thus far in Cameroon! I've been gone for about a month now and time is really starting to pick up. We have just started our 4th week of training - my French is coming along a bit and I'm learning a lot about the health issues I'll be potentially working with while I'm here: Malaria, HIV/AIDS, Filaria, Cholera, TB, Menginitis and plently of other bacteria causing, virus spreading or parasitic infectioning illnesses! (Just to name a few).

This Thursday we'll be finding our post announements so I'll be able to let you all know where I'll be living the next few years!

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to find out where you're going to be!!!!

    And, when you can, pictures!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been stalking other volunteers' journals who came with you to Cameroon and it sounds like in a bit you'll switch with the ag/enviro volunteers and have more reliable/frequent internet access. YAY! Friday is my day to check in with PC so I'll update you on things after that happens.

    xoxo
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete